Monday, October 11, 2010

Chicken Mole (Final)


Food is important for us for innumeral reasons. Not only beacuse it is somethings that we need in life and to survive on. Food can leave many memories in us. It could be the texture of it, the thought we had in our minds when we ate a particular food at the moment and even the feeling we get when food goes straight to our mouths. My Family and I have so many memories everytime we sit at the table together for lunch or even when it is dinner time.

The minute my grandmother gets in the kitchen to get our meal prepared, it is like having your first candy bar when you were a little kid. My grandmother has a special recipe when she makes Chicken Mole. My grandmother passed on the recipe to my mother who now does a fantastic job of making Chicken Mole. Chicken Mole will forever be a specialty in our family history, culture and our everyday food choice that we can not get enough of.

When my grandmother is up in the kitchen and making us Chicken mole, she puts all her energy in to it. Chicken Mole is a special food that comes from a family history from long time ago.My grandmother's family always had Chicken Mole as their main dish when it was dinner along with Arroz Rojo which is red rice. This was truly a family history for many years, since my grandmother's family always had this as a main dish at the table when she was younger.

Chicken Mole is a dish that many Mexicans or Hispanic families have at their tables for lunch or dinner. This is truly a culture thing when it comes to food. Most families have this as an everyday meal or two days out of the week. Chicken Mole can either be spicy or mild. Some families when they make Chicken Mole even make it sweet. My family obviously makes our Chicken Mole mild since it is my favorite dish and I am not a fan of eating to much spicy food. My Mother is the one that makes it special just for me and just the way I like it.

Chicken Mole is so popular in our family that we cook it so often. We just can't seem to get enough of it when chicken mole is made by my grandmother or by my mother. I simply just love the texture of chicken Mole and the spicy, sweet, mild tase of it just makes me drool everytime I eat it. I dont think that there is any other food that make me crave it all the time as much as i crave this special dish.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Story, I love how your family centers around this dish.

    ReplyDelete