Wednesday, September 22, 2010

cranberry bean (practie blog)


The food that I brought today in class was one cranberry bean. Cranberry beans are known for their creamy texture with flavor similar to chestnuts. They are white with dark red patterns around them. The cranberry bean is actually the same bean as the Italian borlotti. I dont think Ive actually eaten cranberry beans but here is a recipe that looks pretty good.

Ive never eating cranberry beans before but I grew up in a Mexican family and we eat beans all the time. From what I read cranberry beans are similar to pinto beans in taste and texture which I am very use to eating. It seems that cranberry beans are mostly eaten in Italian food but I bet they would taste great in a burrito.

1 comment:

  1. Not many beans, but one lonely bean. I do think you should find yourself a few more beans and have a meal.

    ReplyDelete